There are 5 key process steps to implement lean into an organization.
- VALUE: Specify value from the standpoint of the end customer by product family.
- VALUE STREAM: Identify all the steps in the value stream for each product family, eliminating whenever possible those steps that do not create value.
- FLOW: Make the value-creating steps occur in tight sequence so the product will flow smoothly toward the customer.
- PULL: As flow is introduced, let customers pull value from the next upstream activity.
- PERFECTION: As value is specified, value streams are identified, wasted steps are removed, and flow and pull are introduced, begin the process again and continue it until a state of perfection is reached in which perfect value is created with no waste.
- Learning and Implementing the Lean Process– creativesafetysupply.com
- The Principles Of Lean Manufacturing– lean-news.com
- Understanding Lean Principles– blog.5stoday.com
- Utilizing The 5s Principles In Lean Management To Your Advantage– 5snews.com
- Value Stream Mapping– blog.creativesafetysupply.com
- Putting Into Effect The Basic Kaizen Principles– kaizen-news.com
- Lean Manufacturing Implementation – The First 5 Steps– iecieeechallenge.org