The Japanese word that is translated into English as unevenness, variation, non-uniformity or irregularity. It can occur when there is an uneven number of customer orders by seasons, the day of the week, or the week within the month. It also occurs when workers are unable to help out or support others when demand shifts, because they have not received the proper training. Internal processes can create mura when the work is completed in batches, such as at the end of the day or week, which creates a pile of work (bottleneck) for the next person in the process.
- Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing– creativesafetysupply.com
- Muda, Mura, and Muri: The Three Wastes– kaizen-news.com
- Muri Mura Muda Concept– blog.5stoday.com
- The Concept of Muri, Muda and Mura– blog.creativesafetysupply.com
- Gemba Reveals Waste– 5snews.com
- Heijunka Overview– lean-news.com
- What Is A Gemba Walk?– babelplex.com