Abbreviation for Work In Progress or Work in Process. It is the amount of work that has started on an asset or item, but has not been delivered to a customer or received payment for the item. In a manufacturing setting, items that have been received at the factory, but have not been delivered to the customer. In a service industry, a project or task that has been started, but not emailed or faxed to the customer. Different stages may be assigned different labels, depending on the amount of work completed.
- Asset Tags– creativesafetysupply.com
- Design For Six Sigma (DFSS)– iecieeechallenge.org
- Getting Started with Asset Tagging– bridge-to-safety.com
- Identify Bottlenecks, Improve Flow, & Eliminate Waste with Kanban– blog.creativesafetysupply.com
- Implementing The 5s Principles In Transactional And Service Process– 5snews.com
- Why You Need Asset Tags– realsafety.org
- Simplifying Asset Management with Labels– creativesafetypublishing.com