There are 5 key process steps to implement lean into an organization.
- VALUE: Specify value from the standpoint of the end customer by product family.
- VALUE STREAM: Identify all the steps in the value stream for each product family, eliminating whenever possible those steps that do not create value.
- FLOW: Make the value-creating steps occur in tight sequence so the product will flow smoothly toward the customer.
- PULL: As flow is introduced, let customers pull value from the next upstream activity.
- PERFECTION: As value is specified, value streams are identified, wasted steps are removed, and flow and pull are introduced, begin the process again and continue it until a state of perfection is reached in which perfect value is created with no waste.
Links« Back to Glossary Index