Donald J. Wheeler is an American author, statistician and expert in quality control. He is the author of 22 textbooks and written numerous articles for Quality Digest and Quality magazine. Topics included process behavior charts, SPC, Capability Analysis, Six Sigma, variation, as well as data integrity, collection, transformation and analysis.
He was a student and colleague of W. Edwards Deming for 21 years, and is a recipient of the Deming Medal. He is a fellow of both the American Statistical Association (ASA) and American Society for Quality (ASQ).
- Understanding Variation: The Key to Managing Chaos
- Understanding Statistical Process Control
- EMP III (Evaluating the Measurement Process): Using Imperfect Data
- Making Sense of Data
- Normality And the Process Behavior Chart
- Short Run SPC
- The Six Sigma Practitioner’s Guide to Data Analysis
- Advanced Topics in Statistical Process Control: The Power of Shewhart’s Charts
- Beyond Capability Confusion
- Twenty Things You Need to Know – Lessons Learned from a Lifetime of Data Analysis