Isao “Ike” Kato spent 35 years with Toyota Motor Corporation working in manufacturing, human resources, training and development, and supplier development before retiring in the early 1990’s.
During part of his career he was responsible for coordinating and guiding external consultant Shigeo Shingo around Toyota facilities.
- Art Smalley
- Interview with Isao Kato – Art of Lean – discussion about Taiichi Ohno and Shigeo Shingo influence on TPS
- The Secrets of Isao Kato – Toyota’s Master Trainer
- A Look at Training Within Industry (TWI)– creativesafetysupply.com
- What is Lean manufacturing?– iecieeechallenge.org
- “Lean” 25 Years Later– lean-news.com
- What’s in a Name: Defining Terms in Lean Manufacturing– 5snews.com
- The Toyota Production System House– blog.5stoday.com
- The History of Kanban– creativesafetypublishing.com
- Lean and kaizen are not meant to eliminate people — they’re meant for improvement– blog.creativesafetysupply.com
- Training the Adult Mind– safetyblognews.com