Michael Ballé, PhD, is a lean management practitioner, business writer, and author. His most recent book, co-authored with father Freddy Ballé, is Lead With Respect: A Novel of Lean Practice, published by the Lean Enterprise Institute.
They’re co-authors of two earlier Shingo Research Award-winning business novels about lean management. The Gold Mine tells how lean concepts turn around a failing plant. The Lean Manager describes the conversion to a complete lean business system.
For the past 25 years, he has studied first-hand lean transformations, helping companies and people in fields such as manufacturing, engineering, construction, services, and healthcare make the transition to different ways of working and managing.
Ballé also is an experienced workshop facilitator, an associate researcher at Télécom ParisTech’s Projet Lean Enterprise, and co-founder of the Institut Lean France. Ballé holds a doctorate from the Sorbonne in Social Sciences and Knowledge Sciences.
- The Gold Mine: A Novel of Lean Turnaround
- The Lean Manager: A Novel of Lean Transformation
- The Lean Sensei
- Lead With Lean
- The Lean Strategy: Using Lean to Create Competitive Advantage, Unleash Innovation, and Deliver Sustainable Growth
- Lead With Respect: A Novel of Lean Practice
- Managing With Systems Thinking: Making Dynamics Work for You in Business Decision Making