It is a room that is dedicated to a large project or program to assist in communications and improve decision-making. Often called an “Obeya Room” or “War Room.”
It is considered an integral part of the design and development process of the Toyota Production System (originally in the development of the Prius).
This is intended to reduce “departmental thinking” and improve on methods like email and social networking.
An Obeya will contain visually engaging charts and graphs depicting such information as program timing, milestones and progress-to-date and countermeasures to existing technical or scheduling issues.
- Statistical Process Control (SPC) in Manufacturing– creativesafetysupply.com
- Obeya – The Lean War Room– 5snews.com
- Obeya – Introducing the Lean War Room– blog.creativesafetysupply.com
- How to Organize Your Shop: Try 5S– blog.5stoday.com
- Eight Steps To Practical Problem Solving– kaizen-news.com
- How To Use a Kanban Board– iecieeechallenge.org
- A Few Tools for Continuous Improvement– lean-news.com