The steps of a process that are dedicated to a particular family of products or services that responds directly to orders from external customers. A well run pacemaker sends smooth demand signals upstream to the pull loops of the remaining processes, which respond to requirements from internal customers (not directly from external customers).
Lean activity should begin at the pacemaker process (usually shipping or final assembly), as it is most vulnerable with direct impacts on the customer.
- Kanban (With Examples)– creativesafetysupply.com
- Heijunka – Increasing Efficiency– blog.creativesafetysupply.com
- The Principles Of Lean Manufacturing– lean-news.com
- Implementing The 5s Principles In Transactional And Service Process– 5snews.com
- Using Kanban to Reduce Waste and Inventory– blog.5stoday.com
- What is Lean manufacturing?– iecieeechallenge.org
- The Lean Management System– kaizen-news.com