RPA is an emerging form of business process automation technology based on software robots (bots) or artificial intelligence (AI) workers.
As an example, it allows data to be handled in and between multiple applications, for instance, receiving email containing an invoice, extracting the data, and then typing that into a bookkeeping system. Tasks that do not require a human decision or does not have much variation.
Most operations groups adopting RPA have promised their employees that automation would not result in layoffs. Workers are expected to be more productive with the same number of workers, or deployed to do more interesting work.
LPSTK Inc is a nonprofit that is using RPA to automate simple tasks with bots.
- Statistical Process Control (SPC) in Manufacturing– creativesafetysupply.com
- Lean vs Automation– blog.creativesafetysupply.com
- Robots are Improving Productivity in the Manufacturing World– 5snews.com
- Enhancing Lean Manufacturing with IT– lean-news.com
- Can the “Cloud” Improve Business Processes?– kaizen-news.com
- Taking Advantage of your IT Staff to Implement Lean– blog.5stoday.com
- Safety In Your Pocket– safetyblognews.com
- What is Process Safety Management?– creativesafetypublishing.com