The differences observed or measured between individual items or parts. There is variation in everything, although some variation is too small to measure to the appropriate resolution, or the variation cannot be physically measured.
Examples of variation include work commute times each day of the week, heights of students in a class, website loading times by hour, temperature inside oven every hour, weight of cell phone from manufacturing line, voter turnout percentage by precinct.
« Back to Glossary Index
- Chaku Chaku– creativesafetysupply.com
- A Restaurant Experience Worth Mentioning– kaizen-news.com
- Measuring 5S Performance – 5 Essential Tips– blog.creativesafetysupply.com
- Cell Phone Workplace Safety– safetyblognews.com
- Is Apple Lean?– lean-news.com
- How To Measure 5S Success– 5snews.com
- 5S Benefits for Students– blog.5stoday.com
- Winterize the Workplace– creativesafetypublishing.com